Marriage or Torture

Girl is born, people talk about her marriage,

She learns to speak, people talk about her marriage.


Girl does a mistake, they say girl you got no rights,
She likes something, oh no you got no rights.

You don't belong here, you belong to some other home.
You can't live like this, you belong to someone else.
You can't have your own choices, you belong to someone else.

Attain maturity, peace ends.
Finish studies, peace ends.
Have a good job, peace ends.
Wow, you are a Boss-girl with vision but still your peace ends.

Constant torture 
Constant torture 
Constant torture 

Back in the days it was instant death at birth,
Now they have a slow poisoning style.

Say no to marriage, you are spoiled brat.
Say no to marriage, you are disobeying parents.
Say no to marriage, you are characterless.
Say no to marriage, you are sleeping with someone else.

I say yes to my dreams,
I say yes to my thoughts,
I say yes to my freedom to live,
I say yes to my feelings,
I say yes to me.

No, I'm not disrespecting my parents, I'm respecting me,
Keep on torturing, 
Keep on burning me,
Keep on telling I am bad for living it my way.


I say no to your thoughts,
I say no to your marriage idea,
I say no to your torture,
I say no to this world.

And probably, yes to my death.

©slayqueentasmiya

Popular posts from this blog

A Woman's Voice Is Revolution

Current Status